Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Grandpa Whiting and Me


Our Grandpa has recently been seeing a lady named Grace. At first they were just friends, but then they went on a date, not that Grandpa would admit it was a date. To Grandpa and Grace, if they use a coupon, it isn't a date. But after many "not dates" they opened up to the idea. When asked if Grace was beautiful, Grandpa replied "I think so!" It was the beginning of a lovely relationship. However, I had yet to meet her. The only way I new her was through him (She sounded wonderful by the way he raved about her.). One day, after many promptings from us, Grandpa finally brought Grace over (Not that he wasn't excited to see her again; he just was worried about how the family would react, like he was replacing Grandma.) When we saw her through the kitchen window, it was the striking resemblance to our late Grandma that took us back. Since then, we have had a good time getting to know Grace through random events. And Grandpa was right, she was beautiful and wonderful. When she walks into the room, he perks up. There is no doubt that she is one of the best things for him in his life right now. Even when he was admitted to the hospital, he insisted he be out by Wednesday because he "has a date with Grace".

1 comment:

K and K and kids said...

The blog looks great Jill! This will be so much fun. I am glad I will be able to see what is going on in your lives. When you come this weekend, I can show you how to add music and stuff. See you soon! Love ya!